It is a shame that mycorrhizal fungi cannot be found in Bunnings. However, it can be bought from this website directly and delivered to your door step for free!
Mycorrhizal Fungi For Home Gardeners
We have just launched our home gardening retail range.
A 750gram bag of Mycorrhizal Fungi for - $27 + Shipping.
What is Mycorrhizal Fungi?
Mycorrhizal fungi is made up of a network of thread-like branching structures called hyphae that grow into the soil.The hyphae have small cells found at their tips which absorb nutrients from decaying plant matter and then release them to other plants nearby through their root systems, as well as exchanging gases with bacteria in the soil.
Mycorrhizal fungi are a symbiotic organism that provides an essential service to plants by helping them absorb nutrients and water from the soil, as well as providing protection against adverse conditions such as drought and frost.
5 Key Benefits of Mycorrhizal Fungi
- Mycorrhizal fungi is responsible for the uptake of nutrients and water from the soil to plants
- Facilitates exchange of gases between roots and bacteria in soil
- Protects against adverse conditions such as drought, frost, parasites/pathogens
- Provides a symbiotic relationship with plant root systems
- Increases nutrient availability by breaking down organic material
Did you know?
There are about 1200 mycorrhizal fungi species in the world. Out of these, there are more than 150 that have been extensively studied so far and an additional 1000 for which only limited information is available. Mycorrhizae can be found all over Earth: from hot deserts to the cold tundra and from rainforests to the high-elevation mountains.